Sunday, September 5, 2010

It's the best friend I never wanted

Yes, self harm - the best friend I never wanted.

Did you know: I was one month and three days cut free.

But not anymore. It just got too much and oh look, relapse. I'm actually really disappointed in myself, which is not new. So it's almost certain that I'll do it again. Which is sad I think, but I'm inclined to believe there is no better option. People always insist there is but always are at a loss to elaborate.

Is it an addiction? Sometimes I think it is. I won't elaborate too much because no one wants to read that, but sometimes I just have to do it...

Anyway, that's my short little dissection done.

Bye for now but not forever,
- CG

1 comment:

  1. There is a better option...

    Talking to those who'll listen and care, for example. Giving and getting hugs. Helping others and helping yourself through that experience.
    There's always a better option.
    My best friend used to cut herself. She's done with that now. She started going to her school counselor, and, oh, she is so much better now. She is so much happier. She made it through a time of sadness and a lack of hope to a nicer, better, prettier time full of butterflies and rainbows. And, yes, I know that seems cheesy, but, really...

    I know things seem bad. Trust me, I know. But I also know that there are always other, better options. Always.
    There are people here to listen and comfort and support you.
    There are people you love and look up to and need you.

    And there are always reasons to be happy. Go for a walk in a park, listen to happy music, listen to dance music, go out into nature, read girly magazines, give someone a HUGE hug, break out dancing in the middle of the street, do something silly, do something strange, do something out of the blue...
    ...there's always a reason, another option, and someone here for you to talk to and to listen to you. <3


    http://www.cheermeup.info/
    http://www.givesmehope.com/

    ReplyDelete