Monday, August 17, 2009

The Universe is Sending Me Subliminal Messages

So it's been awhile.


In that while I finally got to strap Justice, and he promptly ran like crap. I think it's because he disapproved of the rain affected track. But we'll never know now. That very same day I said goodbye. It seems a bit silly now that I cried. But I liken it to losing a best friend. He was my mate, my horse and that was special. He knew me, and I knew him. We bonded and trusted eachother.
It was the hardest thing walking away that afternoon knowing the when I returned to the stable a week later he wouldn't be there hanging his head over the stall door waiting.

But it's all gone now.



Strapping my boy


But, for all the bad there is good news. Two weeks on I have my new horse. A filly this time, unraced. And thus the journey begins again. Her name is Hope Downs, but for the purpose of this blog she will be Hope. This is where I complain about the subliminal messages. First I get Justice and now I have Hope. What are they trying to tell me? We'll work on that as we go I guess.



She's a bit funny Hope. She was mine the moment I walked her to the wash bay. They decided that she was a nice horse for me and I was taken. Initially she was totally against my patting her face, painting her hooves and doing anything in general. She even ignored me when I tried to talk to her when I finished for the morning. But she posed for a photo, which was nice.



I then took my new camera to the races (great success >> photos) and when I returned to the stables late that afternoon to pick up some magazines she was more than happy to be my friend. There were even no objections to me patting her face. Dad however, was a different story. She wasn't too keen on him at first.



But that's my Hope. Yep, my Hope. It's exciting now. Starting again.

My new beautiful girl
Bye for now but not forever,
- the original CG (and no longer Justice) and Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment