Saturday, July 25, 2009

Jumps Protesters Go Too Far

The 'Jumps Debate' is an issue very close to my heart, as it is with anyone involved with horses. I was going to go the races today, but opted out keeping in mind that I had to work the following day. I read an online article just now, detailing how smart steeplechaser Geeorb broke down today and it went on to talk about anti-jumps protesters and how they'd blocked the horse ambulance that was taking Geeorb to the Werribee Vet Clinic.

It makes me mad.

What were they trying to achieve other than making themselves look like a pack of tools? It's time Racing Victoria followed South Australia's lead and banned any form of protesting from racecourses on racedays.

I couldn't believe it when they all rushed off at this meet last year to take photos of Spanish Symbol's corpse, and this year they've blown me away again.

Herald Sun Article on the event

Well, there's my small anger release.

Hopefully Justice is still in work when I go in tomorrow.

Bye for now but not forever,
- the original CG and Justice

No comments:

Post a Comment