Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.

I choose to like the above statement (yep George B. Shaw again). It just rings true for so many situations. What makes you important if you sit and let the world pass you by, and then you complain because it has passed you by?
I have a friend like that, she actually *really* annoys me. No, thats wrong. She beyond annoys me. That's probably mean, but hey! She's meaner than me, and believe me when I say that says something.

But that's really neither here nor there, and I shouldn't get enjoyment out of pissing her off. But I do. So it obviously makes me horrible.. Or does it not?

But really, enough of that.
I visited the champ on sunday. Good ol' Apache Cat, he wasn't being very sociable, but he's a bit aloof like that. Got some nice photos anyway. Might draw from one later. We met our horse Chocky, she's really cuddly. It's cute.
And I worked that morning too, so I saw my hip hop Hope. She's such a darl. Knows me now, always comes to the front of her stall. She strained a muscle in her rump, so I don't know when she'll do track work again. But hopefully soon so that we can get to the races and see what she can do!

So then, I suddenly was floored by this incredible low. And lo and behold, there's a new mark on my arm. Am I proud of this? No, but then I never have been. I just find that the scars mean about as much to me as my pencil case, and my pencil case doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I just sort of wish I wouldnt do it, like it would stop crossing my mind. It's self defeating something like this. You just can't control it. I think I'm going to start wearing my rubber bands again, and see if that makes any sort of difference. Will I do it again? Probably, I mean.. well I don't know what I mean. I reckon I will do it. And I don't know when it will stop. Just like I don't know when things will be better and all that stuff.

I think I'll leave you with a photo of me and Apache:

There was no food in my hands, I swear
Bye for now but not forever,
- the original CG and Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment