Monday, September 14, 2009

Spinning

So it's monday. I hate mondays. Mostly because it's on the back of a weekend where I haven't gotten much rest. Or maybe it's just because it's monday. But then it doesn't really matter right?

But on saturday I worked and saw my lovely, and currently exceptionally grumpy filly Hope. Then I was off to the races in my black jeans. Stupid, stupid decision that was. It was 29degrees and I'm gallavanting around Moonee Valley in my black jeans. I'll never do that again.
It was 27 degrees when we went out for dinner at dad's step mum's place. My cousins were there, and I was yet to realise that this would be on of the best nights of my life.

The warmer weather worried me at first, because my latest mark is still healing and at that time it was bright red. If mum noticed, she didn't say. But I don't think she has because she hasn't mentioned talking to anyone about it again. Which is a good thing. The only thing that annoys her now is my lack of drive when it comes to eating. I've only lost one kilo, but to her it's the world. I put it down to simple things, such as my general unhappiness, and stress levels. When I'm stressed and unhappy, I stop eating. That's just how it is. I'm just glad I don't put on weight, because with all my injuries this could have been a disaster.

So anyway, back to saturday night.
Dad's stepmum's house is on a close/grove thing. It's not a court so I won't call it that. But at the end of her close/grove thing there's what we like to call a reserve. I don't think it really classes as a reserve but hey. It has storm water drains, grass and trees. It was getting dark, it was still warm and we decided, what better thing to do than spin around like a bunch of loonies. We promptly did this.
And at this point you're probably thinking "what the hell" and you can think what the hell, but please, you've got to try this. The world is spinning by you, and your breathing feels as regular as it's ever been. Your limbs no longer ache, but you're fully aware of those spinning around you. And then out of nowhere someone jumps out infront of you and you fall mid-spin flat on your face. You find you can no longer breathe and your head hurts. You're laughing so hard that you fell over that you've just realised you knocked the wind out of yourself. When you stand you fall again, and rise slowly before moving in a sideward motion. Your head aches, and you're still laughing and the world no longer seems real.

If it still seems odd, that's ok. But I've never felt more like me in such a long time as I did when I was spinning like a loon laughing and enjoying myself with my cousins. Just as it had been in years gone past.

Bye for now but not forever,
- the original CG and Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment