Saturday, August 14, 2010

Some Good Days

So, I've actually had a couple of good days. And I'm going to share because I feel its necessary to break up all the bad stuff I've been posting.

I missed school on Friday to take one of my favourite horses at work to the races. I was a bit nervous because it was the first time I'd strapped for the new place, but Mea behaved herself, generally, and ran second. She came home like a train, it was really exciting. Then because no one could pick me up when we got back from the races, I hung around for a bit and helped out with the afternoon shift - meaning I got to walk my over favourite horse - Toby (aka Bruce, whatever). He was in a silly mood and there was an incident at the pool which set him right off and well, I may have lost him.

But its okay! Someone caught him for me and he didn't get very far. I just like him more now - he's presented a challenge and I will win. No one else likes him anyway, and I figure someone has to give him some sort of attention.

And today, I went to the races. Caught up with my good mate Jacinta and we had a grouse time. Took lots of photos and such, wandered round, said hi to lots of people. An all round good day. There was also two explosions at work this morning. All the track lights went out suddenly at day break then BOOM first light goes. Couple of seconds elapse and BOOM goes the second light. We're glad it stopped at the second light because the horses weren't loving the sound.

So I've had an all round good couple of days and am looking forward to a nice long sleep tonight!

Bye for now but not forever,
- the original CG

No comments:

Post a Comment